Interior design can be a very personal matter, and it all depends on who is living in the home.
When designing their home, most people will first consider how the room should look, what color scheme they are using, and how the space should function. But, perhaps the biggest question people don’t think about is why.
Why are you making certain decisions about the appearance and feel of your home? This question will help make decisions about how your home should be designed and what you need. It may be that the colors you choose will affect how you feel.
Colour affects how we feel about our surroundings.
The following guidelines are accepted by most interior designers and researchers:
- White – this colour is great at defining space, but it must be used in combination with other colours to avoid looking too sterile. It can create a clean and simple look when used correctly.
- In Black – is a powerful statement – it can be used to emphasize items you want to draw attention too
- Gray- to encourage serenity.
- Yellow – associated in passion and strength – perfect for warming up and making rooms feel intimate
- Yellow – an inspiring colour to inspire energy and innovation. You should keep in mind that this colour can be overwhelming and not used as an accent.
- Red – A sign of creativity, happiness, and innovation. This combination works well when used in conjunction with a calm, neutral colour.
- Green – a great choice for an outdoor entrance hall. It makes it much easier to move from indoor to outdoors. It is well-known for its relaxing properties.
- Brown Similar in appearance to green but with a more relaxing effect due to its nature connections, brown creates a calm atmosphere in a room.
- Blue – This is the best color for bathrooms and kitchens. It exudes calmness and freshness.
- Violet – Purple conjures up an air a sophistication and luxury.
It’s a good idea to use three colours in interior design. Choose a neutral color for walls and flooring. Use a calmer shade for couches and other big furniture items. Finally, add some colour to your interior by choosing a brighter or bolder colour.
The best way to refresh your home is to use colour. This will give you the opportunity to change the atmosphere and create new spaces for you and your family. This gives you the opportunity to show your personality to others, and it will also allow you create a home that is more in tune with your mood.